|Tender Reference:||Aspire 017-2011|
|Awarded To:||A2A Kopano Incorporated|
Sub-sector analysis to streamline agro-processing in the citrus value chain within the R63 corridor
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Aspire invites bids from qualified service providers to conduct a sub-sector analysis in order to streamline agro-processing in the citrus production value chain to enhance Aspire’s small town renewal programme. Furthermore the analysis should contribute towards exploiting opportunities in the citrus value chain to strengthen competitiveness of broad based initiatives. The sub-sector analysis should enable Aspire to achieve the following outcomes:
• Entrench citrus based agro-processing in the R63 corridor.
• Develop the whole value chain to allow an analysis of the needs, particularly with regard to research for the development of new economic opportunities.
• Increase linkages between the primary (production) and secondary (manufacturing) sectors
• Diversify the economic base of the R63 corridor by tapping into existing or new opportunities
• Unlock opportunities in the citrus value chain in order to benefit local communities through employment generation.
• Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the current small farmer development model of the IDC.
The detailed terms of reference are available by contacting Ms Z Mabece by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (043) 721 2070. Completed tenders must be delivered to the Aspire reception situated at 6 Princes Rd, Vincent, East London not later than Thursday 22nd September 2011 at 11h00.
Be Awarded as Follows:
|| 80 points
|| n/a points
|| 12 points
|| 2 points
|| 2 points
in the Amathole Region:
|| 4 points
Should Note The Following Tender Conditions:
Tenders that do not meet a functionality assessment of 70% will not be considered further or advance to the financial assessment. The Aspire supply chain management policy will apply.
Aspire does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or any other tender and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
Tenders which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.