|Tender Reference:||Aspire 032-2010|
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GCUWA DAM AREA - ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT IN BUTTERWORTH
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Aspire, in cooperation with Mnquma Local Municipality, has identified the need for a recreational development at the Gcuwa Dam, to provide residents, visitors and tourists to Butterworth with various facilities for recreational/ leisure activities. We hereby invite interested parties to submit their interest in developing the Stage 2 Advanced Development of Gcuwa Dam area as well as participating in the implementation of Stage 1 Development proposal in line with the proposed concept.
Interested developers are requested to submit their interest in the form of a development proposal for the proposed site. The expression of interest should be made considering the following conditions:
• It is aimed that the developer will be granted access to the land via a long-term lease arrangement on the land by the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, facilitated by the Mnquma Local Municipality and the relevant local community and tribal authorities. This is meant to provide the necessary long term security needed for the extent of the development. Lease conditions and period would be dependent on further negotiations.
• The developer acknowledges that Aspire and Mnquma Local Municipality have funded all necessary technical planning stages up to the call for business interest. The selected developer may need to reimburse Aspire to the amount of 1% for planning costs relevant to the development. This may then be negotiated via a mutual agreement between the parties.
• All studies undertaken available to the preferred developer.
• The developer must be in a position to carry the development costs pertaining to the proposal submitted. Negotiations may be held between Aspire and the preferred bidder on how best any commercial investment could be unlocked.
Please collect the request for Expression of Interest, by contacting Ms Z Mabece by email email@example.com or phone (043) 721 2070.
Completed proposals must be delivered at the Aspire reception situated at 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London not later than 21st January 2011 at 12h00.
* The Aspire supply chain management policy will apply.
* Aspire does not bind itself to accept any proposal and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of any proposal.
* Proposals which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.