|Tender Reference:||Aspire 024-2010|
|Awarded To:||Expression of interest closed|
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AN AMAHLATHI PETRO PARK
AT VACANT ERF 8530 FOR MIXED USE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & ERF 8529 IN STUTTERHEIM TOWN
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Aspire and Amahlathi Local Municipality hereby invite interested parties to submit their interest in developing the Amahlathi Petro Park in line with the proposed concept. Interested developers are requested to submit their interest in the form of a development proposal for the proposed site. The development proposal should be in line with the Amahlathi Petro Park concept and in line with the approved zoning of the properties involved.
The expression of interest should be made considering the following conditions:
• The developer will be provided with a long-term lease arrangement on the land by Amahlathi Local Municipality to provide the necessary long term security needed for the extent of the development. Final lease conditions and period would be dependent on further negotiations
• The developer acknowledges that the Aspire, Amahlathi Local Municipality and the Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC) have funded all necessary technical planning stages up to the call for business interest and will not provide further technical funding assistance. The developer may need to reimburse the funders total planning costs to the amount of 1%.
• The developer would need to proceed with receiving an environmental authorization for phase 2 of the development at his / her own risk and costs.
• Aspire will make all studies undertaken available to the preferred developer.
• The developer might carry all costs related to the development which would include all necessary infrastructure for the site to be fully operational (i.e. bulk services infrastructure, electricity, telecommunication, access road, traffic circle), architectural design and storm water management plan. This is still subject to negotiations.
Although the environmental authority has only granted the development of phase 1 of the Amahlathi Petro Park, developers are invited to submit their proposals for the development of the entire concept. This means the developer is invited to submit a proposal for the development of phase 1 and 2, or only for phase 1.