|Tender Reference:||Aspire 018-2010|
|Awarded To:||Marais & Smith|
Internal Audit Function
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
In accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Finance Management Act, Aspire seeks to appoint reputable an external auditing firm to perform the Agency’s internal auditing function. The appointed firm will report to the Audit and Finance Sub-Committee of the Board of Directors. Furthermore, it is expected that the appointment will be for a period of 12 months but depending on performance may be extended to 24 months.
The purpose of the management function is to:
• Performance of an assessment of the processes, systems, operations and risks associated with the Agency
• Compilation of a risk-based audit plan and audit program
• Obtaining approval of such from the Audit Committee
• Performance of the internal audit function in accordance with the audit plan and program as well as relevant regulations and standards
• Reporting on progress and findings to the audit committee
• Liaising and meeting with the external auditors to provide such information as may be required to enable the external auditors to perform their responsibilities in a cost effective manner
Be Awarded as Follows:
|| 80 points
|| n/a points
|| 12 points
|| 2 points
|| 2 points
in the Amathole Region:
|| 4 points
Should Note The Following Tender Conditions:
Tenders that do not meet a functionality assessment of 70% will not be considered further or advance to the financial assessment. The Aspire supply chain management policy will apply.
Aspire does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or any other tender and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
Tenders which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.