|Tender Reference:||Aspire 016-2010|
|Awarded To:||Laurie Shaw Consulting|
Aspire's 5-Year Review
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Bids are requested from service providers, with experience in undertaking similar reviews, to examine the role and effectiveness of Aspire as a Regional Development Agency (RDA). It is expected in our view that the review process will also take into account the agency’s brand promise that it adopted in April 2008.
The purpose of this review is to bring evidence on:
• the need for a level of economic development/business stimulation/regeneration programmes at regional level;
• the effectiveness of Aspire and RDA’s in general and their role in adding value in the promotion of regional competitiveness;
• understanding RDA expertise;
• the extent of, and need for RDA activities nationally;
• Aspire’s functions in the small town regeneration program and the consequences that this program has on municipal responsibility for local economic development;
• the responsibility of the parent municipality to the agency in support of its accountability to stakeholders;
• how the municipality measures the performance of the agency.
Be Awarded as Follows:
|| 90 points
|| n/a points
|| 6 points
|| 1 points
|| 1 points
in the Amathole Region:
|| 2 points
Should Note The Following Tender Conditions:
The Aspire supply chain management policy will apply.
Aspire does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or any other tender and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
Tenders which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.