|Tender Reference:||Aspire 013-2009|
|Awarded To:||Khula Nathi Construction|
CONSTRUCTION OF STUTTERHEIM/MLUNGISI ACCESS LINK ROAD AND BRIDGE
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Tenders are hereby invited for the construction of a road and bridge in STUTTERHEIM in the municipal area of Amahlathi. The works comprise of upgrading 450m of existing gravel road to asphalt surfaced road, construction of 410m of new surfaced two lane road, pedestrian sidewalk extending to Mlungisi, a new brick arch bridge (5 x 8m arches) and a new pedestrian bridge across existing railway line.
Tenderers should have a CIDB contractor grading designation of 6CE or higher.
Tender documents and drawings will be issued from the offices of ASPIRE, at:
10 Bell Street, Vincent, East London as from Friday 16 October 2009, upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of R300.00 in favour of ASPIRE. A compulsory tender clarification meeting will be held on 22 October 2009. Prospective tenderers should assemble at 11h00 outside the Amahlathi Municipal offices in Stutterheim, corner of Maclean and Hill Street.
In addition to the above, the following minimum quality criteria must be satisfied:
• Has constructed at least 3 asphalt surfaced roads of R3mil or more in the last 5 yrs
• Has constructed 1 or more bridges of R3 million or more in the past 5 years
• Has at least 3 years experience in construction of Civil Engineering Structures
• Has used Labour Intensive methods in 1 or more contracts as per EPWP in the last 5 yrs
• Key personnel has at least 3 years road building experience
• Key personnel has at least 3 years Bridge building experience
• Key personnel has at least 5 years Labour Intensive Construction experience
Failure to meet these minimum criteria will result in the tender being considered non-responsive and therefore not considered for award of the contract.
Be Awarded as Follows:
|| 90 points
|| n/a points
|| 6 points
|| 1 points
|| 1 points
in the Amathole Region:
|| 2 points
Should Note The Following Tender Conditions:
The Aspire supply chain management policy will apply.
Aspire does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or any other tender and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
Tenders which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.