|Tender Reference:||ASPIRE 021-2016|
Supply and delivery of top soil to EC Adopt A Spot project sites
ASPIRE, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency SOC Ltd, is a state owned company established in September 2005 and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality, and subject to the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA).
ASPIREâ€™S mission is to promote and implement sustainable spatial economic development in the Amathole District Municipality.
PROJECT PURPOSE / OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this RFQ is to identify and appoint a service provider to supply and deliver top soil at Ziphunzana, Duncan Village, Zwelitsha ward 25 and Zwelitsha ward 41 sites.
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS/ SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
Products to be supplied:
40mÂł - Ziphunzana/ Diphini - Top Soil
20mÂł - Duncanvillage/ Braelyn -Top Soil
40mÂł - Zwelitsha Ward 25/ Zone 4 - Top Soil
80mÂł - Zwelitsha Ward 41/ Zone 6 - Top Soil
Total of 180mÂłof top soil is expected to be quoted
Transport should be included to these different sites
FUNCTIONALITY REQUIREMENTS FOR BID SCORING
ASPIREâ€™s evaluation and selection process is based on ASPIREâ€™s procurement policy. Submissions will be evaluated on experience and expertise and capacity, before proceeding to price and BBEE status level points. However, it must be noted that functionality will only be used as a pre-qualification basis and the score allocated will not be carried forward to the final score.
Bidders must note that an overall minimum of 50% must be scored to be classified as responsive, and to proceed to the price and BBBEE status level pointsâ€™ assessment. Bidders that score less than 50% overall will be seen as non-responsive and will not be considered further.
Functionality scores will be allocated on the basis of experience and expertise.
Price & BBBEE Points
The tender amount is anticipated to be less than R200, 000.00 including VAT and therefore the 80/20 principle will apply.
CALCULATION OF FINAL POINTS
The final score of bidders will be calculated by adding points awarded for B-BBEE Status level of contribution and the points scored for price.
APPOINTMENT, COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION
The duration of project is four days, commencing from the date of appointment.
RECEIPT,CLOSING AND OPENING OF BID
Completed quotation documents must be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked ASPIRE 021 â€“ 2016 : Supply and delivery of top soil. These must be deposited in the Tender Box of ASPIRE situated at the reception area of Main Offices Building, No 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London.
ASPIRE retains the right to cancel the procurement, if deemed appropriate for whatever reason, without interacting in any discussion with Tenderers.
Please refer all technical enquiries to Project Manager: Mr Mceleni Maphem Tel: 043 721 2070 during normal office hours (08:00-16:30) Monday to Friday.
1. Original SARS tax clearance certificate
Please note that if copies of tax clearance certificates are not valid as per SARS and they will not be accepted by ASPIRE. Failure to provide the original tax clearance certificate will result in the quotation being disqualified.
2. Proof of address
Please note the following:
a) If the business is operated form the residence of one of the directors, an affidavit, certified, must be submitted stating the address of the business premised.
b) If the premises from where business is conducted or where a director is residing, is leased a copy of the lease agreement or an affidavit must be submitted.
3. Latest copy of rates, taxes or services account or letter of good-standing issued by the respective municipality
Please note the following:
â€˘ The Rates and Taxes invoice cannot be older than 3 months. If Rates and Taxes are in arrears for more than 3 months, the quotation will be disqualified.
â€˘ If the business is operated from the residence of one of the directors, or is leased, an account for the director or letting agent will be accepted.
4. The quotation page must be signed.
5. A certified copy of B-BBEE status level verification certificate must be attached. If not attached no point for BB-BEE will be awarded.
6. All prices alternations must be signed for the Bidder confirming that such changes were made by the Bidder.
7. Use of tippex is prohibited.
1. All goods or services purchased will be subject ASPIRE SCM policy and procedures. A copy of said conditions is available upon request.
2. All purchases will be made through an official order form. Therefore no goods must be delivered or services rendered before an official order has been forwarded to and accepted by the successful bidder.
3. All prices quoted must be inclusive of value added tax (VAT). Suppliers who are not registered for VAT will be treated as Non VAT vendors.
4. All prices submitted must be firm. â€śFirmâ€ť prices are deemed to be fixed prices, which are only subject to the following statutory changes, namely VAT and any levy related to customs and excise.
5. Quantities are given in good faith and without commitment to Aspire. ASPIRE reserves the right to increase or reduce the quantity to be I line with the set threshold for quotation s prescribed in the SCM policy.
6. Bids submitted are to hold good for a period of 60 days
7. Original valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate/ proof of registration from SARS should be submitted
8. Declaration pages must be fully completed and signed
9. Bidders are required to register on the ASPIRE supplier database. Application for registration can be done electronically by logging in at www.aspire.org.za and follow the registration process, bidders should note that the registration will be complete upon physical submission of original documents.
10. Declaration pages must be fully completed and signed
11. All bids to meet the minimum score of 50% overall in functionality scoring to proceed to price evaluation
12. Late, incomplete and electronically or faxed submissions will not be accepted