|Tender Reference:||ASPIRE 026-2014|
|Awarded To:||Minkline Consulting|
|Tenderers:||Minkline Consulting: R150 168
PROVISION OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING
The purpose of this RFQ is to identify and appoint a service provider to provide Occupational Health and Safety Training for 240 workers. This training will ensure that workers are aware of the dangers / hazards associated with working in wild areas, use of chainsaws and herbicides.
The service provider will be requested to:
Provide non accredited Occupational Health and Safety training to 240 EPWP workers removing alien plants in following areas:
1. Ngqamakhwe (Sokapasi, Thanga, Zazulwana)
2. Willowvale (Shixini, Qwaninga)
3. Diya (Dyodini, Thongwana, Dryini)
The training is expected to cover the following areas:
Occupational Health and Safety act of 1993
Basic Safety Rules
Steps for Risk Assessment
Recording and incident investigation and information required for investigation
Noise-induced Hearing Loss Regulations 2003
Sections of appointment letters
Personal Protective Clothing Policy
Hazardous Chemical Substance Regulations
General Machinery Regulations 1988
Environmental Regulations for Workplaces 1987
Snake Awareness Training
Use of Herbicides
Use of chainsaws
FUNCTIONALITY REQUIREMENTS FOR BID SCORING
ASPIRE’s evaluation and selection process is based on ASPIRE’s procurement policy. Submissions will be evaluated on experience/expertise and methodology, before proceeding to price and BBEE status level points. However, it must be noted that functionality will only be used as a pre-qualification basis and the score allocated will not be carried forward to the final score.
Bidders must note that an overall minimum of 70% must be scored for functionality (Experience and Expertise AND methodology combined) to be classified as responsive, and to proceed to the price and BBBEE status level points assessment. Bidders that score less than 70% overall will be seen as non-responsive and will not be considered further.
This RFQ requires an Occupational Health and Safety training organisation. The tenderer must specify which team member(s) will be allocated to this contract and submit individual curriculum vitaes (CV’s) for these team member(s), as well as indicate who will be the lead team member. Companies and individuals are also required to submit a company profile / individual profile indicating the experience in the field. Tenderers are required to provide the information indicated in the tables below for scoring purposes.
Functionality scores will be allocated on the basis of experience, expertise and methodology.
Completed quotation documents must be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked Provision of Occupational Health and Safety Training - ASPIRE 026-2014. These must be deposited in the Tender Box of ASPIRE situated at the reception area of Main Offices Building, No 6 Princes Road Vincent East London.
1. Original SARS tax clearance certificate
Please note that copies of tax clearance certificates are not valid as per SARS and they will not be accepted by Aspire. Failure to provide the original tax clearance certificate will result in the quotation being disqualified.
2. Latest copy of rates, taxes or services account or letter of good-standing issued by the respective municipality
Please note the following:
• The Rates and Taxes invoice cannot be older than 3 months. If Rates and Taxes are in arrears for more than 3 months, the quotation will be disqualified.
• If the business is operated from the residence of one of the directors, or is leased, an account for the director or letting agent will be accepted.
3. The quotation page must be signed.
4. A certified copy of B-BBEE status level verification certificate must be attached If not attached no point B-BBEE will be awarded.
5. All prices alternations must be signed for the Bidder confirming that such changes were made by the Bidder.
1. All goods or services purchased will be subject ASPIRE SCM policy and procedures. A copy of said conditions is available upon request.
2. All purchases will be made through an official order form. Therefore no goods must be delivered or services rendered before an official order has been forwarded to and accepted by the successful bidder.
3. All prices quoted must be inclusive of value added tax (VAT). Suppliers who are not registered for VAT will be treated as Non VAT vendors.
4. All prices submitted must be firm. “Firm” prices are deemed to be fixed prices, which are only subject to the following statutory changes, namely VAT and any levy related to customs and excise.
5. Quantities are given in good faith and without commitment to Aspire. ASPIRE reserves the right to increase or reduce the quantity to be I line with the set threshold for quotation s prescribed in the SCM policy.
6. Bids submitted are to hold good for a period of 60 days
7. Original valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate/ proof of registration from SARS should be submitted. Must provide a Municipal Levy Clearance Certificate/ municipal account of not older than three Months from a municipality where the entity operates (Lease agreements and sworn statements/Affidavits are also accepted).
8. Bidders are required to register on the ASPIRE supplier database. Application for registration can be done electronically by logging in at www.aspire.org.za and follow the registration process, bidders should note that the registration will be complete upon physical submission of original documents.
9. Declaration pages must be fully completed and signed
10. All bids to meet the minimum score of 70% overall in functionality scoring to proceed to price evaluation
11. Late, incomplete and electronically or faxed submissions will not be accepted