|Tender Reference:||ASPIRE 017-2014|
PROVISION OF TRAVEL MANAGEMENT AND RELATED SERVICES
IT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• Promote and implement economic development within the District, in case of economic production and commercial activities as envisaged in the Amathole Regional Economic Development Strategy and the IDP;
• Leverage private and public donor funding for economic development of the District;
• Utilize funding received from the Municipality prudently, to ensure the sustainability of the ASPIRE and the sustainability of the local economic development programs implemented
The purpose of this tender is to appoint a suitably qualified service provider to provide travel management and related services, hereafter referred to as “Travel Management Services”, to ASPIRE for a period of 12 months (1 year), starting October 2014.
The service provider will also provide ASPIRE with after – hours travel and related services support, as and when required.
Bid documents and detailed terms of reference can be purchased from ASPIRE offices, 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London, at a cost of R100 per document. SCM Queries can be directed to Ms L. Nomkala or Ms T Rululu (Tel: 043 721 2070, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Technical queries and requests for project information are to be addressed to the project manager, Mrs S Weppelman (Tel: 043-721 2070, Email: email@example.com )
ASPIRE’s evaluation and selection process is based on ASPIRE’s procurement policy. Submissions will be evaluated on experience/expertise and methodology, before proceeding to price and BBEE status level points. However, it must be noted that functionality will only be used as a pre-qualification basis and the score allocated will not be carried forward to the final score.
Bidders must note that an overall minimum of 65% must be scored for functionality (Experience and Expertise AND methodology combined) to be classified as responsive, and to proceed to the price and BBBEE status level points assessment. Bidders that score less than 65% overall will be seen as non-responsive and will not be considered further.
The ASPIRE Supply Chain Management Policy will apply to adjudication of the bid using the 80/20 point system, as well as the Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE) model. The points will be allocated according to the following:
In addition to the above, the following minimum criteria must be satisfied:
• All Bid must be submitted with a current BB-BEE certificate, issued by a certified verification agency, as failure to do so will result in nil points being scored for BB-BEE contribution level. If applicable, exempt micro-enterprises to provide letters from registered accountants / auditors confirming their status levels, else nil points will be awarded for BB-BEE
• All Bid must be submitted with a valid SARS tax clearance certificate,
• All tables in the Bid document to be completed in full where applicable, as failure to do so will be reflected in the allocation of points during bid evaluation
• All quotes must be submitted with Municipal Levy Clearance Certificate/ municipal account of not older than three Months from a municipality where the entity operates (Lease agreements and sworn statements/Affidavits are also accepted. Please note lease agreements must be signed by both parties)
• All alterations on prices/quotes must be signed
• Use of tippex is not allowed
• Non submission of BB-BEE certificate will not render the bid non responsive however it will be interpreted to mean that preference points for BB-BEE are not claimed.
• Bidders to obtain minimum score of 65% for functionality to be considered for Price and BB-BEE evaluation.
• ASPIRE does not bind itself to appoint the service provider with the lowest quote
• ASPIRE reserve the right to cancel this bid and pursue an alternative course of action at any time without incurring any liability towards prospective service provider
• Bidders who are not registered on ASPIRE Supplier database are to be registered on ASPIRE supplier database via ASPIRE website, on submission of quotation. The Supplier database registration is complete on submission of the signed application form, stamped proof of banking details and original documents required.
Bids which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.