|Tender Reference:||Aspire 009-2013|
|Awarded To:||XL ALOE TRAVEL|
PROVISION OF TRAVEL MANAGEMENT AND RELATED SERVICES - 12 MONTHS
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a state – owned company (SOC) and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. It is responsible for the following:
• To promote and implement economic development within the District, in case of economic production and commercial activities as envisaged in the Amathole Regional Economic Development Strategy and the IDP;
• To leverage private and public donor funding for economic development of the District;
• To utilize funding received from the Municipality prudently, to ensure the sustainability of the Aspire and the sustainability of the local economic development programs implemented.
The purpose of this tender is to appoint a suitably qualified service provider:
• to provide travel management and related services to Aspire for a period of 12 months (1 year), starting October 2013
• to also provide Aspire with after – hours travel and related services support, as and when required.
Bid documents and detailed terms of reference can be collected from Aspire offices, 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London, at a cost of R 100 per document. Bidders to please note that there will not be a briefing for this tender. All queries and requests for information are to be addressed in writing to the project manager, Ms. Pumza Matyila (Tel: 043-721 2070, Email: email@example.com).
The Aspire Supply Chain Management Policy will apply to adjudication of the bid using the 80/20 point system, as well as the Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE) model. The points will be allocated according to the following:
Price 80 points
BB-BEE Contribution Level 20 points
In addition to the above, the following minimum criteria must be satisfied:
• All bids must be submitted with a current BEE certificate, issued by a certified verification agency, as failure to do so will result in nil points being scored for BB-BEE contribution level. If applicable, exempt micro-enterprises to provide letters from registered accountants / auditors confirming their status levels, else nil points will be awarded for BB-BEE
• All bids must be submitted with a valid SARS tax clearance certificate, and a letter of good standing or latest statement of account for rates and services issued by the relevant municipality. These will be required prior to signing of contract
• All tables in the bid document to be completed in full, as failure to do so will be reflected in the allocation of points during bid evaluation
• All bids to meet a minimum score of 70% overall in functionality scoring to proceed to price evaluation
Failure to meet these minimum criteria will result in the bid being considered non-responsive and therefore not considered for award of the contract.
Completed bid documents must be delivered at the Aspire reception situated at 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London not later than Friday, 20 September 2013, no later than 11h00 am.
Tenderers to note that bids which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.
Mrs Nokulunga Mnqeta, Acting Chief Executive Officer
6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London, 5201, Phone: 043 721 2070
For reporting of fraudulent or criminal activity, please follow the link: