|Tender Reference:||Aspire 003-2013|
Compilation of Baseline Data for the Aspire Monitoring and Evaluation System
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a state – owned company (SOC) and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Aspire’s vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development. We are positioned as a “trusted advisor, stimulator and partner in the regional economic environment” and our mission is to stimulate locality development, with the objective of regenerating small town economies. We believe that the regeneration of decaying small towns will enhance their ability to contribute to the economy of the Amathole Region, and will improve the quality of life of its residents.
The purpose of this tender is to procure the services of a professional research team to assist Aspire in the first phase of the implementation and application of its draft monitoring and evaluation system. The service provider is requested:
• To assist Aspire in preparing a set of primary and secondary socio-economic baseline data for Amathole’s small towns and corridors. The aim is:
- to develop more accurate socio-economic profiles on town level
- to develop more accurate socio-economic profiles for the four corridors Aspire works in
- To analyse available statistical data from previous StatsSA household surveys and to compliment these with specific primary research (i.e. satisfaction surveys, business confidence surveys) that would be required to establish accurate baseline information for selected indicators
- To recall socio-economic data since the establishment of the agency and to show trends up to date since the establishment of the agency for the specified areas
- To hand over a set of data and data collection tools and methods that will be used by the agency at determined intervals to evaluate the agency’s impact in Amathole’s small towns and corridors (designated rural hinterland)
• The service provider will work closely with Aspire during the project implementation, ensuring that the required research knowledge for monitoring and evaluation is passed on to the Aspire team for future use.
Bid documents and detailed terms of reference can be collected from Aspire offices, 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London, at a cost of R 100 per document. Bidders to please note that there will be a compulsory tender briefing at 10h00 am on Friday 1 March 2013, Aspire Boardroom, 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London . All queries and requests for information are to be addressed in writing to the project manager, Ms. Saskia Haardt (Tel: 043-721 2070, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Aspire Supply Chain Management Policy will apply to adjudication of the bid using the 80/20 point system, as well as the Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE) model. The points will be allocated according to the following:
Price 80 points
BB-BEE Contribution Level 20 points
In addition to the above, the following minimum criteria must be satisfied:
• All bids must be submitted with a current BEE certificate, issued by a certified verification agency, as failure to do so will result in nil points being scored for BB-BEE contribution level. If applicable, exempt micro-enterprises to provide letters from registered accountants / auditors confirming their status levels, else nil points will be awarded for BB-BEE
• All bids must be submitted with a valid SARS tax clearance certificate, and a letter of good standing or latest statement of account for rates and services issued by the relevant municipality. These will be required prior to signing of contract
• All tables in the bid document to be completed in full, as failure to do so will be reflected in the allocation of points during bid evaluation
• All bids to meet a minimum score of 70% for each step in functionality scoring (STEP1: experience and expertise, methodology and STEP 2: formal presentation of proposed methodology) to proceed to price evaluation
Failure to meet these minimum criteria will result in the bid being considered non-responsive and therefore not considered for award of the contract.
Completed bid documents must be delivered at the Aspire reception situated at 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London not later than Friday, 8 March 2013, no later than 16h30 pm.
Bids which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.