|Tender Reference:||Aspire 014 - 2012|
|Awarded To:||TSHANI CONSULTING|
Local Spatial Development Framework (LSDF) and Regeneration Strategy for Adelaide and Bedford (Nxuba Local Municipality)
Tenders are hereby invited for the procurement of professional services to prepare a Local Spatial Development Framework (LSDF) and a regeneration strategy for Adelaide and Bedford and associated rural hinterland in the Nxuba Local Municipality, with the following objectives in mind:
• to provide the spatial framework for the economic regeneration of the towns (Adelaide and Bedford)
• to provide a planning tool to ensure efficient land use management in Adelaide and Bedford
• through the regeneration strategy document provide a guideline for the future development of Bedford and Adelaide, including the development of a vision for the towns
• to identify priority interventions that will be taken forward for detailed feasibility studies
Key deliverables include:
1. Adelaide and Bedford Local Spatial Development Framework (LSDF)
2. Adelaide regeneration strategy
3. Bedford regeneration strategy
Tenderers are required to form suitable professional teams, incorporating engineering, town planning, urban design, environmental management, GIS mapping, economics and social science capabilities. It should be noted that a representative from the professional teams be present at the tender briefing session in order to make their bids responsive.
Tender documents will be issued by Ms Sandisiwe Nobongoza from the offices of ASPIRE, at 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London as from Monday, the 28th January 2013, upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of R100.00 in favour of ASPIRE.
A compulsory tender briefing session will be held on Thursday, 31 January 2013, at 14:30pm, at the Aspire Boardroom, Princes Road, Vincent, East London. All attendees are urged to arrive from 14:00pm for registration purposes. No late-comers will be allowed entry to the briefing session.
The Aspire Supply Chain Management Policy will apply to adjudication of the tender using the 80/20 point system, as well as the new Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE) model. The points will be allocated according to the following:
Price 80 points
BB-BEE Contribution Level 20 points
In addition to the above, the following minimum criteria must be satisfied:
• Professional team members are to be affiliated with the relevant professional bodies
• Tenders that do not meet a minimum of 70% for each category for the functionality assessment will not be considered further
• All tenders must be submitted with a current BEE certificate, issued by a certified verification agency.
• All tables in the bid document to be completed in full, as failure to do so will be reflected in the allocation of points during bid evaluation.
Failure to meet these minimum criteria will result in the tender being considered non-responsive and therefore not considered for award of the contract.
Completed tender documents must be delivered at the Aspire reception situated at 6 Princes Road, Vincent, East London by not later than Monday, 11 February 2013, on or before 11:00am.
Bids which are late, incomplete, unsigned or submitted by fax or electronically, will not be accepted.