|Tender Reference:||Aspire 022-2011|
|Awarded To:||Sinakho Consulting|
|Tenderers:||Ikamva Architects, Impendulo Design Architects, THM/RQS/NOA Consortium, Ubuntu JV, Arg Design, Sinakho Consulting, Vela VKE Engineers, CIBA Consortium, TCN Architects, Arcus Gibb / MDA Architects, Smale and Partners Inc, Complan Consortium, Tixispan Trading, Goba Consortium, Aurecon, Design Acro / Workplace Architects, Mkhonza Architects|
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ALICE REGENERATION PROGRAMME
Aspire, registered as the Amathole Economic Development Agency, is a Pty Ltd company and is wholly owned by the Amathole District Municipality. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the stimulation of spatial economic development.
Tenders are hereby invited for the procurement of professional services for the design and implementation of the Alice Regeneration Programme. The project consists of the following elements:
• Development of commercial / retail / shop space
• Greening of public transport hub / taxi rank
• Public park area
• Public transport hub / taxi rank upgrade , including public amphitheatre
• CBD pavements, sidewalks and storm -water system
• Improvements to existing infrastructure to create public sector office cluster
• Two (2) pedestrian bridges and corresponding pedestrian access areas
Tenderers are required to form suitable professional teams, incorporating the following disciplines: structural and civil engineering, urban design and planning, architecture and quantity surveying.
It should be noted that suitable representatives from the professional teams be present at the tender briefing session in order to make their bid responsive.
Tender documents will be issued by Ms Flicker Tiso from the offices of ASPIRE, at 6 PRINCES ROAD, VINCENT, EAST LONDON as from Monday, the 28th November 2011, upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of R300.00 in favour of ASPIRE. A compulsory tender briefing session will be held on Tuesday, 6th December 2011, at 10:00am, at the Ashton Chubb, University of Fort Hare EL Campus, Church Street, East London. All attendees are urged to arrive from 09:30am for registration purposes. No late-comers will be allowed entry to the briefing session.
The Aspire Supply Chain Management Policy will apply to adjudication of the tender using the 90/10 point system, as well as the new Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment (BB-BEE) model.
The points will be allocated according to the following:
Price: 90 points
BB-BEE Contribution Level: 10 points
In addition to the above, the following minimum criteria must be satisfied:
• Professional team members are to be affiliated with the relevant professional bodies
• Tenders that do not meet a minimum of 70% for each category for the functionality assessment will not be considered further
• All tenders must be submitted with a current BEE certificate, issued by a certified verification agency
Failure to meet these minimum criteria will result in the tender being considered non-responsive and therefore not considered for award of the contract.