The regeneration of Alice presents many business opportunities for potential investors. Two property investments already in the pipeline, to be implemented soon are the:
- Expansion of the Kwantu Shopping Centre in Alice (Novate Property Investments);
- Development of off-campus student and staff accommodation (Neverland Properties);
- Revamping of the BP service station at the entrance to the town.
- A 24 unit walk up rental housing apartment development (by Khela Properties)
Other opportunities include:
- Residential property, e.g. social, low income and middle income housing (Aspire has undertaken a study to quantify the demand).
- Commercial property, in particular office space for professional services
- Hotel and conferencing facility (Aspire has undertaken an economic feasibility study to determine the size and scope required)
- Processing of local agro-produce such as dairy, Nguni beef & leather, essential oils, medicinal herbs, etc.
- In the citrus value chain there is a move towards diversifying into more high value products such as Pomegranates and avocadoes.
- Investments in agricultural production in fertile Tyhume river valley
- Youth enterprise development support